TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS
Details of what's happening in Tawa are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
If you would like the newsletter emailed to you each month, please send an email request to email@example.com and include your name and a contact phone number.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (March 2019-2), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• Opening of the Tawa Plaza Upgrade
• New playground for St Francis Xavier School
• Tawa table tennis season under way
• Neighbours' Day Garden BBQ
• Tui Park neighbours' gathering
• Greenacres School Mad Hatter's Gala
• Removal of pine trees
• Tawa Rotary business breakfast
• Tawa community liaison meeting
• Takapu Road / Bing Lucas Drive intersection
• Board of Trustees information
• Tawa Community Centre
• 2 Minutes with ... Carol Brieseman
• Tawa Recreation Centre holiday programme
BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 4700 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past several years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and a significant number have been held across February and March of this year. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
The TAWA COMMUNITY CIVIC AWARDS, held every second year since 2006, were run again in 2018 by the Tawa Community Board. The awards recognise and show appreciation to groups or individuals who enhance the Tawa community and make it a better place to live.