BE PART OF THE TAWA COMMUNITY NETWORK
One of the most effective ways of staying in touch as a community is by means of a community website to which everyone can contribute. And now we have exactly that in Tawa (and it's free)! There are more than 3750 locals on board Tawa's community network at www.neighbourly.co.nz. If you're not yet one of them, we encourage you to join!
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN TAWA?
Details are available in the Tawa community eNewsletter which is sent out monthly to around 1250 Tawa residents, as well as to a number of people who live elsewhere.
To see the latest TAWA COMMUNITY NEWS (September 2017), click here.
In the latest newsletter:
• The new mural
• Recent 'spike' in crime
• Olympic Harrier and Athletics Club - Junior Athletics
• Inner Wheel quiz night
• Got water?
• New Tawa book to be released
• Tawa College fundraiser
• Tawa Pop-Up Market
• Tawa Rotary book fair
• Junior Floorball at Tawa Rec Centre
• Under the Sea carnival
• Spring into Tawa
• North City Cricket Club registration day
• Champions holiday programme
• Linden School Fit Track opening
• Temporary closure of Collins Ave
• Another AED in Tawa
• Second Chances - preloved clothing sale!
• Tawa RSA community bowls
• 2017 Tawa Community Christmas Parade
• 2 Minutes with ... Tony Hassed
• Tawa College Adult and Community Education courses
• Tawa Community Garden
• Advance voting in Tawa
• Tawa Community Centre
BARBECUES IN STREETS ALL OVER TAWA
Anywhere between 30 to 50 street gatherings - barbecues, afternoon teas or similar - have taken place in Tawa each March over the past five years in conjunction with Neighbours' Day, and we did it again in 2017. See "Three simple steps to running a barbecue in your street" and other information here.
SUPPORTING BUSINESSES IN TAWA
Details of more than 40 Tawa businesses are listed on on our business pages. For details, click here. We encourage you to support them.
To see a Dominion Post article about life in Tawa, click here. .
Find out more about the Tawa Community Patrolhere. .
For U3A Tawa info, click here . .